NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Look what we did! And a sneak peek, no less........

We're in the usual mad rush around here getting things ready to leave for Market. And, of course, I can't show you any of the quilts I'm working on because they need to debut at Market. So, I decided that this was a good time to show you some of the quilts other people have done.



These first two - the "Bible Quilt" and "Flowers" were appliqued by Ada Voskuilen. Both are Blue Ribbon winners. The Bible Quilt was made for her grandson Olsin and was machine quilted by her friend Megan Best.

Flowers is a Linda Brannock design and Ada asked me to say thanks for her since she didn't have Linda's address. It was hand quilted by her friend Sharon Struiksma.

Thanks Ada, for sharing. Awesome work, all of you.


And this is Gabriel's Ark appliqued by Lisa White for her new granddaughter. We all just love the fabrics she chose. Mine is definitely a "boy" quilt - made for my grandson Gabriel. Her's could be for a boy, I suppose, but I do think it looks like a girl's quilt too.



The next one is "Give Thanks" by Toni Peerbolt (from We Gather Together) and seems to be a blue ribbon quilt too. A lot of hers are.


And last, but not least, in the quilt section is "We Gather Together" by Toni.


I just love her choice of fabric too. Awesome work!



And here's what Zoie did Sunday afternoon. This is the wolf mask & ears she made for her Halloween costume. She's a very creative kid. I never could do 3D stuff and think this is just stupendous.


And while we're all working away, what are the kitties doing. Hanging out in my chair - Dueces on my Primitive Primer quilt -- sleeping! And they don't look like they feel a bit guilty about sleeping while everyone else is busy.


It's supposed to freeze tonight and tomorrow night. I'm going to cover my dahlias and Pep's peppers because it's supposed to get warm again next week. We'll see if they'll make it. They have just outdone themselves this last few weeks.



And Tuesday I'm off to Houston for a week. Here's a sneak peek at out new line, Farmer's Market.
Can't wait to show you the quilts but that will have to wait awhile :)

First we need to at least have the holidays.........Turkeys first - Dresden Turkeys, of course.






8 comments:

  1. Wonderful quilts and love the quilting on them.
    Zoie has your creative genes, does she quilt too?
    I can't wait to see what you have for market.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen Turkey Dresdens....perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilts are all beautiful, great work by everyone! That is a great wolf mask, too. How creative she is. Hope your garden survives the first few really cold nights and lasts a little longer, the flower is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic quilts, everyone. My boss will be at market, ai will have to tell her to check out the quilts for me. :)
    Love the fabric. I will need it when it hits the shops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jan! Can't wait to see your new quilts and fabric at Market! Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun post - but hey, no Spike
    How is he
    Be seeing you
    Polly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful quilts..Love the turkeys and the mask is awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Greetings from Finland! The quilts are so fantastic! I love them! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world!

    ReplyDelete