NEW EMAIL ADDRESS

WE HAVE A NEW EMAIL ADDRESS
janpatekquiltsinc@gmail.com.
Please send all emails to that address

Thursday, August 4, 2011

August in Missouri ........

is hot! And this year is no exception. Here's where Spike & Nero spend most of their time. I must admit I don't mind sitting and sewing or working at the computer much - as long as it's inside. We do go out for our daily walk unless it's over 100 - which it has been a few days. Then Spike doesn't get to come (bulldogs can have swelling that cuts off their oxygen) - and Nero and I only walk halfway.


Our latest Quilt of the Quarter kit is shipping this week - Gabriel's Ark. I made one for Gabriel for his birthday and we're making one for me to keep. Can you tell I like it? It's going UPS so things should ship on time. We've found out that a lot of our problem is because we're a rural post office and things are cutting back out here. We think we finally have the smaller item shipping problems taken care of. We're crossing our fingers that everything goes smoothly again this month.


Meanwhile, we've added a new item to our Notions page in the store. When I was teaching in France this spring I found out that they don't have Freezer Paper over there - at least not in France. I've been using the Jenkins Freezer Paper sheets for quite awhile as well as the paper on the roll you can get at the hardware store or Walmart (in season). Natalie, my interpreter - who lived in the US for awhile - assured me that they just don't have what we quilters know and love so much. So I decided to carry it.


It's even pretty handy here in the US if you have a scanner. Just scan your pattern page in and print it out on the paper. And if you're overseas and order kits, etc. from us, just have us send a package of the paper with your order. It's been years since I appliqued without using freezer paper and wanted to make sure it was available if possible.
It's cooled down a little today so I'm off to water the garden and go for our walk. Spike gets to come today. He does get cranky when I leave him behind.

8 comments:

  1. Oh I love Gabriels Ark...colors are awesome and so are YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your puppies look sooooo sweet....smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor guys, the heat is always harder on them.
    Love the new quilt and I am using some of those designs from the noah book to make mine. I will have enough done tomorrow to take a pict of my progress.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those poor boys...they must be so hot. This has been a brutal summer.
    The Gabriel's Ark quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been really hot in France too, then really cold, it's now hot again! I struggled to get freezer paper but managed to get some from the UK a few months ago. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I am a new follower to your blog. The Gabriels Ark quilt is beautiful! My parents and bro. and SIL are in Missouri, living in Joplin. It has been hot back there hasn't it?! Look forward to more of your posts. :)
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the picture of the puppies, I had a mastiff several years ago and they are such wonderful dogs. Beautiful quilts, too!

    ReplyDelete